Please perform the following steps to update the device modem. Note, it is very important that you follow the instructions as described here:
- Navigate to the following directory on the device: /sdcard/Garmin/.System/ModemSW and delete all files there. (connect the device therefore with a micro-USB cable to your computer)
- Download the attached zip file, and unzip it.
- Copy the two files (006B274200.bin and model.txt) from your unzipped folder to the ModemSW directory on the fleet 790 device: /sdcard/Garmin/.System/ModemSW.
- Power down the device and then remove the USB cable from the side. Power up the device.
- Modem update will start automatically once the unit is fully powered up and will last for several minutes. Please do NOT interrupt the “Updating modem firmware” process.
- Wait for about 10 to 15 minutes after the modem firmware update is completed and reboot the unit.